So I turn 26 on Sunday and earlier this year I read a blog post where the blogger did a random act of kindness for every year of her life on her birthday…
THAT is what I want to do this weekend. I think we need to look out for each other a little more and take the feelings and emotions of our fellow shoppers, drivers on the road, neighbours etc into concern.
I found these ones interesting, and do-able on a Sunday in Cape Town…
1. Bought a gift card for groceries and turned around and handed it to woman in line behind me.
2. Dropped off several handwritten thank you notes and donuts at the police station.
3. Took plates of cookies to two neighbours I don’t really know and spent some time talking with them. (I have been wanting to do something nice for my neighbour for a while, he is always alone, leaves before 7am and returns home after 6pm… I wonder what he does!?)
4. Inconspicuously dropped coins on the playground for children to find while they played
5. Fed parking meters
6. Paid for the next two cars behind us on the toll bridge
7. Paid for the woman’s coffee behind us in line at Starbucks.
8. Tucked happy notes in car doors in parking lot wishing people a good day full of blessings.
9. Handed out mylar balloons to children shopping with their parents.
10. Wrote a letter to old friend and mailed it.
Now I just need 16 more… Any ideas!?